Tesoro Highlights Administration Tesoro Staff Directory Office Hours Phone Lines Enrollment Attendance Student Handbook Library Tesoro History Parking WASC Accreditation Copyright / IP Policy
Career Technical Education English - Language Arts Visual and Performing Arts World Languages Mathematics Social Sciences Science Physical/Health Education Education Specialists
Activities Home Senior Activities Graduation 2016 Class Councils Dances Online ASB Store Tesoro IMPACT Clubs
Guidance Home Naviance - Family Connection Incoming 8th Grade Information Career Technical Education Guidance Staff College Prep Testing ROP/Career Center College
Performing Arts Home Instrumental Music Theater Arts Choral Music
Tesoro PTSA TesoroGradNight.com TesoroAlumni.com Education For the Children Foundation Tesoro Titan Foundation CUSD Adult & Community Education

ROP Website

For information on ROP courses, class descriptions and locations click http://www.southcoastrop.org

ROP/Career pathway class offerings Fall 2016


Click here



For questions regarding EVENING ROP class specifics (waitlist, open/close dates, teacher information, materials etc.) you can contact the following ROP staff:


Marie Shirran, Instructional Program Coordinator

South Coast ROP


(949) 234-9479 (office)MLSHIRRAN@capousd.org


Anne Moore

Student Services Manager

South Coast ROP College and Career Campus

31522 El Camino Real, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

(949) 234-5994

Career Readiness

Career Technical Education Integrated Pathways:

A career-ready person effectively navigates pathways that connect education and employment to achieve a fulfilling, financially-secure and successful career. A career is more than just a job. To be career ready in our ever-changing global economy requires adaptability and a commitment to lifelong learning, along with mastery of  key academic, technical and workplace knowledge, skills and dispositions that vary from one career to another and change over time as a person progresses along a developmental continuum. Students attain knowledge, skills and dispositions that are inter-dependent and mutually reinforcing.

A high school CTE career pathway is defined by the California Department of Education as a sequence of career technical courses that are equal to, or exceed a minimum of 300 hours in one industry sector. This can be made up of one course (Surgical Technologist training is 650 classroom hours and 700 internship hours, therefore it is considered a career pathway) or multiple courses. A high school career pathway completer can then continue from high school to community college, an entry-level job, or a four-year university. The successful outcome of a career pathway is a certification, a degree, an industry license, or a combination of all three that results in obtaining a career.

For additional ROP information visit the website www.southcoastrop.org.


Fall 2016 - Career pathway classes available on THS campus during the bell day: 



3 Dimensional Design

Period 1


5-10cr/2 semesters


Art of Animation

Period 3


5-10cr/2 semesters/CUSD fine arts credit

UC “f’ credit


Business Management/ Entrepreneurship

Period 1


5-10cr/2 semesters/UC “g” credit


Computer Integrated Robotics

Period 2


5-10cr/2 semesters


Robotics I

Period 1


5-10cr/2 semesters/UC “g” credit


Sports Medicine IA

Period 2


5cr-CUSD bio science credit/UC “g” credit



Non-Discrimination Statement

The Capistrano Unified School District prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying in all district activities, programs, and employment based upon actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identification, sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. Reference: AR 1312.3, BP 1312.3 and BP 5183.

Rich Montgomery, Executive Director, Human Resource Services/Compliance
33122 Valle Road, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
(949) 234-9200

Website Disclaimer

ATTENTION: The Capistrano Unified School District (CUSD) does not assume any responsibility or liability for the content that may be present within external Websites linked to and from this site that are operated or created by or for organizations outside of the CUSD. The linking to or from this site does not imply on the part of the CUSD or any of its schools any guarantee of quality, assumption of liability or endorsement of the organizations maintaining external Websites. Those organizations are solely responsible for the operation of their Website and quality of the content including advertisements, links, media, images and text that they may deem appropriate.