Limited parking for students is available only in designated areas. Students may not park in the staff lot during the school day. Students have the privilege of parking in the student “premier” parking area only with a valid premier parking permit. The minimum consequence for the first incident is placement at Level 3. Repeated violations may result in a Behavior Contract and revocation of parking privileges. Illegally parked vehicles may be cited and/or towed at the owner’s expense.
CUSD Board Policy 3513 and California Vehicles Code 21113 stipulates the following traffic parking regulations:
1. All student vehicles must have a parking permit affixed to the rearview mirror. Vehicles without a permit will be cited and/or towed without notice. Letters cannot be written to clear citations. Temporary permitswill not be issued. Students must display their permit when driving an alternate vehicle, provided the alternate vehicle is registered with the office.
All permits are nontransferable. (That means you cannot put them in other cars.)
2. All drivers shall obey signs erected on campus parking lots.
3. All drivers shall operate motor vehicles less than 5 miles per hour on campus.
4. All drivers shall refrain from any sort of driving that could be construed as reckless such as
“peeling out,” driving over curbs, transporting students inappropriately, etc. (Violation of this
regulation will result in a minimum of immediate loss of permit plus other disciplinary action.)
5. All vehicles shall be parked clearly within designated parking stalls.
6. Students are not allowed to be in the parking lots while classes are in session, during breaks, or lunch.
7. Once issued, there are NO REFUNDS for any revoked permits. Lost or stolen permits may be
replaced at a cost of $110.00 with ASB card or $120.00 without ASB card. Any student found
in possession of a lost/stolen permit will forfeit his/her parking privileges for the remainder of the
current semester (or longer) and may face additional disciplinary and/or possible legal
8. No student may loan, give or sell their issued permit to another student.
(Violation of this regulation will result in a minimum of immediate loss of permit plus
other disciplinary action.)
9. Do not park in student parking without a parking permit. (Violation of this regulation will result
in an Afternoon School for the first offense, and Saturday School plus a step on a behavior
contract for the second offense and each thereafter.)
Violation of these parking regulations may result in an Afternoon School detention, a 1-5 day suspension, and/or loss of parking permit for the remainder of the school year (even on the first offense).
Additionally, any junior or senior with 2 or more “F’s” on his/her progress report or any one “F” at the semester grade report will forfeit his/her parking permit until the next recorded grading period. (Each recorded grading period is 6 weeks.)
Students withdrawing from Tesoro High School must turn in their parking permit as part of the checkout process.